Friday, June 29, 2012

Just Get Back Up in the Saddle

Only twinge that is bothersome today is still my right lat but not as bad as yesterday. Yesterday, because of my right lat acting up again, I focused on my lower body, both in doing whatever I could without aggravating my knee and in stretching the knee and hip. Found some Egoescue knee and hip stuff on youtube which I even uploaded to my blog. Once the hip felt fully released, my knee felt much better! I am now able to go up and down stairs alternating legs with hardly a twinge! Even lying in bed and turning over didn't bring on the dreaded jab of pain. Will experiment and see how much I can do on the bungee this morning.
However, I have rediscovered that there is alot to do off the bungee and have piles of stuff I want to revisit off the bungee just in case my body isn't ready.
This fall helped me discover quite a few new things like how to get up off the floor without struggling or hurting my knees. How to stand and how to walk with less knee bending which is better for avoiding arthritis stiffness. To keep moving throughout the day, never sitting for too long. To keep using the stairs just like falling off a horse, get right back up. Stairs provide great physical therapy. Lots of boring looking workouts aren't so boring to do if it means moving with little to no pain.
Most importantly:
Our bodies are as strong as our minds.
My fear of pain was paralyzing me.
Accidents do happen and can happen anywhere.
I will try never to doubt my body again

ETA: still not ready for bouncing except with a straight knee.
I did alittle Batuka then the Chiball warmup and yoga which also had a warmup from Awaken The Spine. These old Chiballs are quite brilliant. Finished with a bunch of hip and knees stretches.

No comments:

Post a Comment