Monday, June 4, 2012

Keep Muving Grasshopper!

So I gave some sitting workouts a try and actually sweated plus feel much better! Ankle didn't even twinge coming upstairs after doing the routines.

Did some Sit and Be Fit routines found on youtube and finished with some sitting Gyrokinesis found online. Instead of a chair, I sat on the oblong stability ball that came with the Barry's Bootcamp kit. No matter what kind of an injury, there is some way to move the rest of your body if not the injured part though some movement may actually help speed up healing. The first Sit and Be Fit routine was designed for when sitting on an airplane and did flex my ankles in various ways but without weight so no pain. I already have a pile of sitting workouts waiting for me till my ankle is ready to bare weight again.

When I was a child, I had caught a grasshopper in a jar.
After I released it, it couldn't hop.
Use it or lose it.
Do not let an injury weaken the rest of your body. Trying to avoid pain, makes us use the rest of the body awkwardly and can cause other sprains and/or radiation of the pain to adjoining areas. In my 20's I always resorted to bed rest (rather floor rest) when my back acted up. Now in my 60's as soon as there is a back twinge, I pop a Tylenol, rub on some Arnica gel and keep moving and it works itself out much quicker. If every human being had their spine and neck checked with Xrays, MRIs, etc., each individual would show some sort of a vertebra problem just like older tires show some wear and tear.
Keep Muving while listening to your body to prevent injuries and to heal faster. If you choose to use an injury as an excuse not to move, you may be suffering the pain and associated pain more intensely, more frequently and longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment