Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hip Hop Walk and Surfer Girls

What I basically hope for in a new workout is audible music and unique moves. This morning I did the rest of Amy Bento's Hip Hop Walk on the bungee and the Surfer Girl Shreds and both of these workouts delivered.
Hip Hop Walk is definitely different from any other walking workout, even the Fitstix Hip Hop chapter on Fusion. Amy has used unique simple moves with varying intensity to create a do-able yet sweat producing workout. The moves are mostly rebounder friendly and the chapters can be used as sparks. Yes, I would have liked better music but the music volume is loud enough and Amy's chatting low enough so that Amy's voice is not at all distracting. Since I am completely burnt out on Leslie Sansone, I am hoping Amy does more walking workouts. Shame on the people who slammed this workout just from its clips. This is definitely a try it before you decide whether it is for you kind of workout.

The Surfer Girl workouts have lots of unique moves in them and the number of reps totally do-able. Here too I would have liked different music but the instructor's chatter is not annoying. Most moves work very well with any weighted object and many do not even use a weight. I have only done the standing upright so so may revisit including some floor/mat stuff next time round.

I finished my workout with JB's Knee and Hip Restoration Part A which didn't seem to do much till the final front flexor stretch so now I know to do that stretch more often for my knee/hip problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment