Monday, November 17, 2014

Revisiting Caribbean Workouts and FIOS

Yesterday I started to revisit the Caribbean Workout Chiball routines which were broadcasted on FitTV several years ago.  These routines were also available on dvds which are now Out-of-Print.  However amazon and a few other vendors may still have some available.  Target sold all of theirs a couple of years ago, putting them on clearance.

I like these so much that I decided to embed them from DailyMotion.  You can hold any light ball like a playground ball.


Caribbean Chiball On the Go by POMBarb


Caribbean Chiball A New You by POMBarb


Caribbean Chiball Pilates by POMBarb


Caribbean Chiball Sculpt that Body by POMBarb


These are all full body feel good routines.

I wanted to mention something about our FIOS internet which may help others who are having similar experiences.   Before we upgraded to 50/25,  My laptop was getting 22/22 on our 15/5 plan.  My speed actually went down to 17/17 after the upgrade but was good enough so just assumed one day when we had a new pc hardwired it would be worth the extra $5 a month since most laptops need a newer router to achieve higher speeds.  Hardwired, my laptop was getting the faster speeds and I didn't want to shellout over $100 to FIOS for a new router.
Now I believe Verizon offers the new routers with speed upgrades!  So when I was agreeing to a new 2 year bundle, I reduced our supposedly 50/50 internet speed to 25/25 which is their current lowest.  It didn't seem to affect our laptops.
More recently our internet and VOD connections were dropping a couple of times a day so I finally bit the bullet and decided to try to do something like change the channel on our router.  Before doing this the hard way, I downloaded their new In Home Agent app which made this change much easier.  There is an important password for the router which may be its serial number.  I believe Verizon can get the password for you if you cannot find it.

Here is the way to change the channel without the In Home Agent
http://www.howtogeek.com/197382/how-to-change-the-wi-fi-channel-on-your-verizon-fios-router/

Anywho, my laptop is back to 22/22 and son's laptop is better than ever as well as our old hard wired den dinosaur pc which was actually showing lower speeds when 50/50!

ETA:
Well changing the channel did not stop the random disconnections so Verizon is sending us a new router FREE.
I urge all FIOS customers to get the new in-home agent app
https://care.verizon.net/iha/IHAPC.aspx

It enables alot of fixes and a live chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment