Saturday, January 21, 2012

Advanced Modifier

This morning I did the rest of Peakfit10 More Cardio Interval Burn, mostly on the bungee then the first 2 blocks from PeakFit10 Cardio Strength (AKA: PeakFit Challenge Cardio Strength 1), using the UR for cardio and homemade XCOs for dumb bells. Finished with a Classical Stretch.

These PeakFit10 and PeakFit Challenge workouts by Michelle Dozois have gotten some criticism for being dangerous. Any workout can be dangerous if one didn't learn to listen to their body and adjust what doesn't feel right. I consider myself an Advanced exerciser because I can modify Advance workouts downwards in intensity just as I can modify simpler workouts upwards. Muving Right involves being conscious of what feels right and will affect your mind and body during and after the movement to lessen pain and increase joint lubrication and muscle strength while energizing your body and lifting your mood. Muving Right is as much a mental exercise as physical one. Nobody is watching you and judging you if a workout you acquired isn't done exactly like the instructor and background exercisers. As far as weightloss results, the movement you do not dread and can do enjoyably will become the movement you will do consistently. If a workout has interesting moves and decent music, I will make it work for me. My energy and ability shifts from day to day or workout to workout so being able to modify whatever I choose to do pretty much makes any choice work.

That being said, I really like the Peakfit10 and Peakfeat Challenge cardio workouts I have done. They have a huge variety of athletic cardio and kickboxing moves. The moves are repeated often enough to give me time to modify but not often enough to get boring. Many moves work well on the rebounders with alittle tweaking. The 10 minute block design makes the blocks work well for any desired duration whether for short sparks or workouts of any length.

No comments:

Post a Comment