Sunday, January 29, 2012

Muving Just Right

Muving Just Right to me is Moving to Music to Energize and Feel Good.
It is actually an old concept since Nia started in the 1980's.
The movements are usually using the whole body for a dance and martial arts fusion without fancy choreography or TIFTTing. I want to muve just right with a huge variety of movements to explore, not memorize a routine and do the same movement over and over again. I want the music to muve me and have a spontaneous feel where no two workouts are ever quite identical. Never really clicked with *Soul Sweat* because too much choreo involving footwork. Unfortunately, I never liked the TIFTTing in Petra's Breathe series so do not have much hope of liking Petra's new release *Liquid Grooves*.

Currently, many exercisers are discovering this type of movement thanks to Misty Tripoli's 3rd series which was recently released as Delicious Dance and her recent sale on her first Groove series. Somehow lost in the shuffle was her middle *Alive* series which was my favorite of the three.

Most recently, I am revisiting the Barefoot Dancer who only had 3 Yoga Dance dvds (Fire, Earth and Water) released out of 65 TV episodes which were taped in just 15 days!! At least, those dvds are still available through online vendors but the TV shows never were broadcasted in my area. Maybe if those dvds had sold better, there would have been more dvds released. Hopefully, one day Sarina will do what Misty has done and either offer downloads and/or a whole series of dvds at a reasonable price. These kind of workouts really are ageless and it is a shame that people new to exercise or this type of exercise never experienced them.
Just started revisiting Tantric Toning too which is still available through online vendors even though Dollar Tree was selling the dvd a few years ago. Silly me, I had done the vhs alot so never even revisited the dvd till recently!
Best of all, the dvd has a louder music option

Some decent stuff appears now and then on youtube like Vividance.
The only other newer released dvd of this type of workout besides Misty's Delicious Dance has been Kendra Howard's Planet Motion World Dance. Nia's Unplugged is still at the top of my list with it. Probably Nia's Opal is right up there too. I try not to burn out on my favorites so *hide* them till they feel new again.
There's some nice cardio on a few Pilates dvds.
Kathy Smith has a nice routine on a dvd which appeared online recently
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM26zpP8MHg&feature=youtu.be
Piloxing was a nice try too.

Before revisiting The Barefoot Dancer, I was getting most of my current feel good stuff for free at www.muve.com which also sells two nice dvds and am hoping Maggie will produce more but without the crazy distracting graphics. Best part of muving just right to MUVE is that it is very bungee friendly so I can combine my favorite two ways of muving just right.

ETA:
I really need to mention two other new series which do inspire me to Muve Just Right:
Kukuwa's new Adult and Youth dvds.
(I actually prefer the Youth one!)
and
Donna Richardson's Beachbody Body Gospel
(thanks to the music louder option).
Will probably find others old and new not currently in my head to mention in coming months and will *ETA* them as well as well as share some clips of them, etc.
ooops just thought of another few LOL
Chiballs! Caribbean Workout and Monica's older stuff
Classical Stretch
Fitstix, especially Fusion
and for the rebounder, Michele Wilburn's Starbound
For weights, Anita Barbero's Strength and Spirit
vhs only and OOP Kacy Duke's Sculpt & Groove*
Smartbell workouts
some kettlebell workouts like Kathy Smith's, the Firm's and Kettlenetics
medball workouts like Mitch Gaylord's Progressive Strength and Gin's Power Abs
I use a smartbell, light kettlebell or medball interchangeably for AWT
also like some band workouts with a cardio element like The Firm Sculptilates and Attitude Tu.

*After hearing Kacy had a new dvd released in 2009, I had to order it!

No comments:

Post a Comment