Friday, January 20, 2012

Mango Oatmeal Chicken

OK another experiment that was a huge success.
I mixed mango salad dressing with ground cumin, turmeric and alittle olive oil then dipped boneless chicken breasts into the mixture then coated the chicken with oatmeal and baked 325 degrees for 45 minutes.

While it was baking, I sauteed garlic then added fresh spinach till tender and served the chicken over the garlic spinach. Best part was the oatmeal left in the pan which could have been a stand alone side dish!

We cannot decide which baked oatmeal chicken is our favorite, loving them all. May give the edge to the one with the sesame ginger dressing because it tasted so much like TGIF's sesame chicken nuggets. These *OLDE Cape Cod* dressings/marinades (Mango and Toasted Sesame Ginger) are on sale this week at the A&P. I used oatmeal from Aldis ($1.99 for a huge canister).

I think Aldis should pay me for advertising LOL

ETA: as an extra bonus, our son has visited me three times to give me a hug for a great dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment