Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Plateau gone again?

Well I held off weighing and measuring for a few days and was pleasantly surprised to see everything has gone downwards another notch to the lowest numbers I have had since starting this journey 12 years ago. Since a terrible bout of depression after turning 50, I have learned to care about myself more. Exercise has been a huge part of that care but there are many other factors involved.
I have been taking the 10 Commandments of Health very seriously and more consciously lately and have been eating, sleeping and moving well as well as avoiding emotional stress as much as possible.
Eating wise, I have been making mostly simple but delicious meals using alot of oatmeal. Sleeping wise I have been going to bed as soon as I feel sleepy. Been doing alot more moving throughout the day, going up and down the stairs alot as well as adding in a formal spark or two, sometimes right in front of the puter using an online clip. My hip and knee seem to be getting along better this morning than in a very long time with this more consistent movement. Stress wise, I have learned to avoid confrontational people, especially online, as much as possible and to let go of stuff I cannot change. Also I have been doing more paying it forward gestures giving away workouts to people who want them rather than let them collect dust and add to clutter. Karma has its rewards as well as its punishments and I rather spread the positive kind. For people who lean towards spreading the negative kind .... that is their problem, not mine.


ETA: this is just too cool...
Just read about a study where some women were told to write about a value important to them for 15 minutes a day while others were to write about a value less important to them which may be more important to others....
The group that wrote about what was important to them lost 3 pounds while the other group gained 3 pounds! How cool is that?
Love blogging especially if it helps me to lose weight and feel better.
Here's a possible explanation:
"How we feel about ourselves can have a big effect," "We think it sort of kicks off a recursive process. Maybe when one of the women who wrote about an important value went home that night, she felt good about herself and didn't eat to make herself feel better. Over a few months, that could make a real difference in her life."
Now I got to wonder if the confrontational people I avoid are gaining weight LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment