Sunday, January 29, 2012

Muving and Eating

This morning I did some Barefoot Dancer then the rest of the Exercell Beginner's workout on the bungee and finished with some Tantric Toning. Same negative impressions of the Exercell, one-sided and too many reps. Also no chaptering.

Now let's talk food :)
We had alot of potatoes so I decided to try a Potato Carrot soup.
I sauteed 2 chopped onions, 1/2 a knob of minced garlic and a couple of stalks of chopped celery in alittle canola oil till tender and browning a bit. Then added a box of Aldis chicken broth and 2 boxes of water, 3 cups chopped carrots and 3 cups chopped peeled potatoes. Seasoned with any and all spices that caught my eye: basil, tarragon, thyme, parsley, oregano, dillweed, chives, bay leaf, ground black pepper, alittle sea salt, alittle cumin, alittle anise, alittle tumeric then simmered uncovered till potatoes and carrots were tender.
Then I pureed half of it (removing the bay leaf first) and left the other half as is.
We all tasted both ways and liked them both almost equally.
Both tasted very different from one another!
DH preferred puree. DS preferred not pureed.
I preferred whichever I was eating.

Then for dessert I baked the already prepared Steel Cut Oats mixed with cinnamon and orange juice as a crust covered with defrosted peaches and strawberries, sprinkled with cinnamon but this time we had vanilla ice cream with it :)

ETA: If dipping bread into the soup, the pureed version is the winner!
We just shared and dipped a huge pita in both versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment