Monday, January 30, 2012

Gliding Disks at the desk

This morning I did most of the Bellicon Beginner Part2 workout that the Cardiolates twins had online on the bungee till I developed a wierd pain or two which Arnica resolved. This routine definitely worked my body, especially the legs and feet differently with a heel raised form of mostly healthbouncing.

Then I did another Barefoot Dancer and really liked the warmup and even some of the floor stretch which is totally out of character for me.

Then I started to revisit Gin Miller's Power Abs using a 3 lb kettlebell instead of a medball and really liked it even more than I had remembered. Most movements are slow and controlled yet there are cardio intervals tossed in as well.


Last evening, DS was looking for a way to keep moving when at the pc so I suggested trying my gliding disks because I had tried an online senior workout which used paper plates while sitting and was rather surprised at the effect. It worked!!! We found a nice way to keep the knees lubricated while using the core at the desk :)

Here's the link to that online workout which starts off using a ball nicely. Since it lacked music, I just used my own. I may have already shared this link in a previous post, not sure LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4vzM_6c1DA
Paper plates start midway around the 15 minute mark.

ETA: Last evening I tried Aldi's 3 Bean Chili for the first time but didn't have tomato paste so added a small can of tomato sauce and alittle less water but it still came out on the thin side so I added some Chia which thickened it and made it even more nutritious. Chia expands as it absorbs liquid. It was quite delicious. Tasted different than most chili with less Southwest flavoring but had a very beefy flavor without beef since beef broth is in its ingredients. We also tossed in the crumbs from the bottom of a bag of (Aldi's) Sweet Potato chips till they were gone. That also thickened the sauce plus softened the very crisp crumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment