Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day is more significant to me than being a day to honor mom.
Most past Mother's Days were spent trying to please my own mother up to her death which was an impossible venture.  It finally evolved into *My Day* just in recent years.

A search on this blog for Mother's Day explains that it is the official double anniversary day for my starting regular exercise and for starting this blog.  In other words, It is the day I started taking care of myself, mostly to be as healthy as I can be for the rest of my life to be there for our younger son for as long as possible without being a burden.  Though weightloss was my original focus, it has shifted towards enjoying mostly healthy food and muving to feel good instead of fighting Mother Nature.

I have two totally opposite sons and will probably never have a grandchild.
Our older son is gay and  prefers doing what he enjoys rather than spending much time communicating with or visiting family.
Our younger son may never be independent of us, financially or socially.
Then again, he may decide one day to have a fuller life in spite of his anxiety and neurological disorders (OCD and undiagnosed Asperger's).

There was one Mother's Day our older son treated us to a Broadway show and dinner in NYC but I have another city I prefer to visit :)
It's a beautiful day for walking.


No comments:

Post a Comment